Friday, June 15, 2012

Oops! I missed it again.

Photo: Aymeric Pasquier/Dîner en Blanc International
Social media and I have yet to become friends. I am the most social media unsavvy blogger ever. I am still reluctant to mobile blog because I feel I may miss the crucial elements of a post if I blog on-the-go; I do not have a facebook page; Twitter? What?
As a result I miss out on some of the really interesting happenings in and around Paris. I confess I have always wanted to be present when a flash mob happens, but alas my latent social media phobia has stymied this. I missed last night's Dinner in White picnic at Place des Vosges . I am kicking myself, but also consoling myself that because it was the most sophisticated and gastronomic of flash mobs and  required an invitation from a previous attendee I may have missed it anyway - even if my friends had been virtual and I twitt(ed). Yeah, right.
I am making it a point not to miss next year's event. Here's the link if you're curious, and some pictures from the facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment