Thursday, November 17, 2011

Robbed of Matisse, Cézanne & Picasso

Armed with my ticket from yesterday, I set out early for the Matisse, Cézanne, Picasso: The Steins Collect  at the Grand Palais - only to be rudely told to come back at 13h30. What!? Turns out the jumele ticket I bought restricts one's visits to certain hours only. Now, if only that kind gentleman at the ticket counter had explained this time restriction...best I get that french up to speed sooner than later, to avoid such vital communication being lost in translation. Irony is I missed the exhibit because I had a french class.

All was not lost, the gorgeous flowers at Jardin Clemenceau cheered me up. In all the grey, the garden was in full bloom and just what I needed. If you get the opportunity, go take in the exhibit - it is on until January 16th, 2012. Tomorrow I take in a bit of contemporary art.

I've written about the Beaujolais Nouveau here and there - but I will not be doing so this year. Bottles were uncorked and screwtops cracked open as the French celebrated the the 60th Beaujolais today...my first opportunity to taste the new wine in France and I'll miss it - at least tonight anyway. Raise a glass if you're out and about.
Santé!


This morning I went for this...

...but saw this instead...




...and this...




No comments:

Post a Comment