Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Snow in the South

Photo courtesy: www.news24.com
Allow me a moment to whinge...I am freezing and absolutely hating the weather right now! There. Now that's out of the way...for now. Thought I'd keep doing what I do in keeping the pounds at bay, but somehow managed to make it to the gym only twice, just twice in two weeks. Oh Ghana how I miss thee...
Nothing more disheartening than the cool crisp of a winter morning, with just the right amount of bite to remind that you that you ain't in the tropics no more.
It snowed in the Eastern Cape and Kwazulu-Natal and yes, we have not seen any snow in Gauteng, but I am sure there's a cold front that's crept in...IT IS FREEZING. My friends are at a point where they're turning a deaf ear to my complaints, my kids think I'm over-reacting, and pretty much everyone seems to think the weather is par for the course at this time of the year...is it? Global warming has not lent a hand?

Well I am no longer used to it, and it is soaking the joy completely out of my holidays. On a lighter note, enjoying the comfort food that comes with the season - which is the reason I was trying to make it to the gym...I may just have to get in more rounds of golf; that's exercise right? Golf cart not-withstanding. Playing at Pecanwood Golf Club for the next couple of weeks; specials on green fees currently, and there's always the lunch after...enjoyed a scrumptious chicken and prawn curry for lunch - another reason to haul myself out tomorrow and face the elements. In the meantime watching the local ski-operators take advantage of the new weather conditions. Skiing in Africa anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment