Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The dotty collaboration of Yayoi Kusama and LV

"The much-anticipated collaboration between Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama and Marc Jacobs by Louis Vuitton..." reads the Wall Street Journal article on what's trending between art and design. Dotty? Absolutely.
I saw the window display last night, and Kusama's polka dots have taken over the windows of LV's flagship store. I enjoyed her  exhibition at the Pompidou a while back - I hadn't realised I'd be treated to a freebie so soon. Even last night, without the winding queues that are synonymous with LV, the display still drew quite the crowd. There were murmurings of "crazy", "interesting", "weird", "bizarre", "wonderful" abound as I made my way around the crowds to snap a few shots with my iPhone . If anything, the display is eliciting reactions - is that not what art is meant to do after all? Brand watching has just become more interesting.










2 comments:

  1. Crazy, interesting, weird, bizarre, wonderful? Yes! Just like life! ^^

    Kusama is a fascinating woman. Some of her art is disturbing, but most of it makes me smile.

    PS: Yay! Another Japan-related post on African Wanderlust! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Japan-related post that is long overdue:)

    ReplyDelete