Friday, May 10, 2013

Brussels in 48 hours

The Atomium

I was doubtful at first whether two days was enough for a stay in Brussels. It is. Between indulging in some of the national foods - chips, waffles and chocolate - seriously courting heart disease and obesity at the same time; we found time to do the hop-on hop-off bus tour, visit Mini Europe and go up the Atomium. We skipped the Museum of Chocolate but did the comic strip Walk. I would have loved to have gone to the Hokusai exhibition which is currently on at the Museum of Japanese Art, but between the diverse family interests and a lack of time, I settled for the extensive street art to be found in this city. I started photographing all the chocolatiers' display windows, thinking it would make for a delicious-looking photo montage- I gave up after the fifth shop window. How many chocolatiers can one small city have? Did not mind tasting the products of these artists though.

The many photos of a shutter-happy tourist here and here.




The Grand Place 



The Manneken Pis - my children were extremely disappointed with how small this famous statue is.


No comments:

Post a Comment