Thursday, December 27, 2012

Ice-skating at the Grand Palais

The last time I was at the Grand Palais, under its expansive nave, was for the Monumenta 2012 exhibition. Yesterday we went for the ice-skating. We went early, armed with our pre-purchased tickets, and prepped for a morning of fun. I had my children and two of their friends, with varying degrees of skating experience. We lasted two hours. It was enjoyable enough, the older children had more fun, whilst the younger ones seemed a bit intimidated by the larger rink and the number of people there - they stayed close to me on the 'young children / amateur side'.
I found it a bit stressful trying to keep my eye on everyone amongst the throngs of people. Last year we tried the Hotel de Ville ice-skating rink, and there too I had the same concerns - way too many people. If you are comfortable on skates, as are your little ones, it is still worth trying.
Words of advise: Go very early - even with our tickets, and arriving there at exactly 10am, we still only made it onto the ice an hour later.

The orange skates brightened up the rink


No comments:

Post a Comment