Thursday, June 28, 2012

Breaking bread at Notre Dame

This post was meant to be about Notre Dame Cathedral, then I realised that there were pictures I had taken over a month ago, during a bread festival that a friend and I happened upon.
The intention had been to see the Cathedral, and perhaps do the tour if the queues weren't too long. Unfortunately, or is it fortunately, my friend loves her bread as much as I do - so out went the cathedral tour, and in came the bread tasting. It was a great deal of fun; as we watched both the apprentice bakers and old hands go about their business of making bread. Even better was the sampling we got to do.
The cathedral was also just as interesting...from the outside.









More pictures here.

This is what we went to see...



...then we were slightly sidetracked by this...

Being a baker...it's a profession (loose translation).

No comments:

Post a Comment