Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gastronomy in SA: Vida e Caffe - Hyde Park

Internet access at last! Between travel and trying to find a quiet spot with a free wi-fi service, the posts had to wait...
Vida e Caffe (Life and Coffee); just the name brings a smile to my face; is a franchise of coffee shops in South Africa that first opened about 5-6 years ago; with the first opening in Cape Town and several more following in the rest of the country - I remember it being one of my stops every day to the office...ahhh fond memories of caffeine-filled mornings.
Yesterday I was in need of a great coffee; which they are great at - freshly ground beans, a small selection of fresh sandwiches; pastries and muffins and pumping Latin beats in the background, with baristas that are constantly cheerful. I still love the energy they have. I didn't have my camera as I was armed with just my laptop looking for a place to check my emails, but my phone sufficed. A macchiato and chorizo and mozzarella croissant later I was sitting in a corner taking in the sights and sounds. The wi-fi service is free, the coffee fantastic and the music pumping.

The link below gives a sample of some images from Vida.
Vida e Caffe
Hyde Park



No comments:

Post a Comment