Monday, December 26, 2011

Salvador Dalí in his home country

Funny how I am more than happy to be the happy tourist in another city and not in the one I live in. Completely played to my role, camera and map in hand, gazing in amazement on what may appear to be random scenes to the locals and an overuse of my basic Spanish...Ola!
Pictures here. Then there was a visit to the Dalí  museum on Carrer dels Arcs, thought to mix up all the eating with a bit of culture.  It consisted of the private collection of his sculptures, drawings and sketches as well as a collection of photographs taken of this surrealist artist. I was more fascinated by photographs of this very eccentric artist though.
Note: The Dalí Museum in Figueres, the artist's hometown, is said to be one of the best exhibits of the artist's work. 



Dalí Barcelona
c/Arcs 5,
08002
Barcelona.



No comments:

Post a Comment