Friday, May 13, 2011

Death by chocolate!

A popular breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea place, filled with both locals and tourists alike. It is more popular with tourists I think given its proximity to all the things that draw tourists to this city…The Tuilieres gardens are just across the road, the Louvre is on the same road, and of course Rue de Rivoli and its luxury shops.
I went for one thing, and one thing only – Angelina’s chocolat chaud. The hot chocolate is a meal in itself, truly. I’d missed breakfast so decided to at least eat something before I drank my chocolate.
Had the very filling Angelina’s salmon salad – string beans, artichokes, avocado and the salmon.
The hot chocolate…Angelina’s is the only place where it’s perfectly fine to drink your chocolate. The chocolate comes melted in a jug,  and to that you add dollops of  fresh cream, not that it needs any. I was more than comfortably fueled after that to go about the rest of my day.

226 Rue de Rivoli
75001
Paris


My very healthy start to the day -  Salmon salad
And now for the real reason I was there...Angelina's Chocolat Chaud.

The hot chocolate comes in the jug
Not that it needs the side serving of fresh cream 
Why not?
And a job well done!
Or if just browsing or ordering something to take with you...




You can actually buy a bottle of the famous Hot Chocolate!
The Grand piano in the corner at the entrance was puzzling...all part of the decor.




2 comments:

  1. I could read your posts for hours and feel like I'm on a real vacation. Thanks for these trips (virtual for your readers) to French cafes, restaurants, galleries, etc. It's such a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Val! I have just been scouring through your "letters" and absolutely love them. We seem to have that wanderlust in common:)

    ReplyDelete