Sunday, February 5, 2012

And then the snow fell

After a week of reports on the big chill sweeping across Europe and my daily conversations with both our gardienne and the school bus driver about the  freezing weather, the snow finally fell in Paris. It facinates me to no end the endless conversations one can have about the weather in this country.
We've made the transition right along with the seasons from the daily Il fait beau to  Il fait froid with the added reportage on the daily temperatures, Moins 8...,9...,10 aujourd'hui.

It fell early this morning, had stopped by midday and was slowly melting away by 4pm. My children were thrilled - we bundled them up and took them out for their first European snow experience, actually first ever snow experience. We walked, took pictures - I discovered that snow does not photograph well, but it made for a crispy, fresh walk. It's official...C'est l'hiver!
More pictures here.



1 comment:

  1. There you are! I was wondering if the snow storms had swept you away.

    This sunny South African still thinks this white stuff is magic, but I've also discovered it's cold, dangerous and unpleasant ... and Tokyo doesn't even get particularly heavy snow.

    Take care and stay warm!

    PS: I love the photo of the red delivery bikes.

    ReplyDelete